Monday, July 15, 2013


My Profile Choice: Hoyt Hottel III

I am planning on writing my profile on former professional snowboarder, now small business owner Hoyt Hottel III. I have been babysitting Mr. Hottel's three year old son Hoyt Hottel IV,  for about four months now. His past experiences as a professional snowboarder, his  passion for surfing, and his current business gave me the idea that he would be someone with an interesting story to tell. I get to see him every week in his home, so I already have an idea of how he is at home, but I would like to visit his shop, Extremely Board, where he sells surf, snow, and skateboards, and accessories, he also gives surfing, paddle boarding, and wake boarding lessons. His deep love for the water, is quickly acknowledged when entering his home, a log cabin placed right on the edge of Watuppa Pond, in Westport, MA. Endless amounts of surfboards, paddles, boat accessories, and paintings of boats decorate the walls of his home, which comes with a stunning view of the water.
I have only learned about his snowboarding fame in passing from his wife, so I am curious to talk to Mr. Hottel himself about his former career.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041010/NEWS/310109960
https://www.facebook.com/#!/xtremelyboardco

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an interesting person to profile. It would be great to get a sense of him both now and when he was a professional. I like that you already started some basic secondary research. Dig a bit deeper to see if there are any articles about him from during his career.

    ReplyDelete